JazzWorks Jazz Camp Terms and Conditions
Due to the large number of applicants and limited facilities, we cannot guarantee that your registration will be accepted. In order to keep balanced combos and maximize the opportunities for all participants to play and to interact with the faculty one-on-one, certain instrument categories, and particularly vocalists, are often over subscribed. Avoid disappointment and send your registration early. If your registration is not accepted, your payment will be refunded in full.
Jazz is an open-ended, variable, creative medium. JazzWorks endeavours to provide the maximum opportunity for all participants to learn and develop their jazz and creative skills with special (but not exclusive) emphasis on the small combo experience. Due to variations in numbers of registrants from year to year in various instrument categories, we cannot guarantee that each registrant will be the only player of their instrument in the combo to which they are assigned.
Sleeping accommodations are limited at CAMMAC. This necessitates that many participants will be sharing a room with others. JazzWorks makes every effort to accommodate medical conditions or special requirements. Each participant is given the opportunity to communicate such requirements to us by means of the questionnaire in the information kit that will be sent to you by email after your registration is received. A limited number of single rooms are available. Register early to avoid disappointment. A camping option is available at a cost saving for those who prefer not to share rooms.
From time to time, partners or spouses of participants would like to accompany their spouse and enjoy the fabulous ambience of Jazz Camp. Please note that priority for indoor accommodation goes to participants, and rooms will be held in reserve for potential registrants until the closing date. However, at any time non-participating applicants and their participating spouses/partners can opt for the camping option.
The JazzWorks Jazz Camp endeavours to organize applicants for intensive classes, workshops and performing combos in a way that will maximize musical learning, effective group interaction, musical development and collegial behaviour in the Jazz tradition.
To that end, the organizers and faculty of JazzWorks reserve the right to:
- Set firm deadlines for the receipt of applications and payment. The submission of an application and payment, however, does not by itself guarantee a place in Jazz Camp.
- Pre-screen or audition applicants using a professionally appropriate process, i.e., demo recording, questionnaire, live performance, etc. Paramount criteria would be some musical ability, potential contribution to the planned program, compatibility of the applicant’s interests with the aims of the JazzWorks program and interest in a common group experience.
- Determine the level of difficulty at which an applicant would be placed in the program.
- Accept or reject applicants (regardless of the submission of applications by deadline) based on the screening process and the need to balance the numbers and groupings of applicants appropriate to the needs of the program being offered.
If you need to cancel your participation after you have registered, you may do so subject to the following restrictions:
- Prior to the annual registration deadline there will be a cancellation fee of $50.
- No cancellation is possible after the registration deadline. However, your registration can be transferred to someone else up until fourteen days before Jazz Camp starts.